Welcome, Guest. Please login .
October 31, 2014, 02:57:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Sorry for the delay in getting the forums back up.  I just wanted to clean things up a bit first.  Let me know if you come across any problems.  Thanks for your patience!
223057 Posts in 43692 Topics by 261 Members
Latest Member: ccgirl
* Home Help Search Login
+  Discussion Boards
|-+  Sensing and Clues
| |-+  Seismic Sentries
| | |-+  Seagulls circling here in Ohio !!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Seagulls circling here in Ohio !!  (Read 1412 times)
quakeroo

Email
Seagulls circling here in Ohio !!
« on: February 10, 2005, 08:11:50 PM »

Ok.... you've got to understand that I'm about 50 miles east of Columbus Ohio - where did these seagulls come from ?

For a moment, I thought I was back in California!  LOL

Maybe they came up from the Ohio or Mississipi River - don't know if it had anything to do with that little POPPER on the New Madrid, but I thought it was weird.

Rhonda / Ohio
NightOwl

Email
Seagulls circling here in Ohio !!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 10:50:56 AM »

They come from Buckeye Lake. I have seen them there since I was a child. They follow the south fork of the Licking River up to Heath/Newark.  You see them up there eating fastfood scraps. There are also unusual bird varieties sighted (swans, etc.) at your nearby "The Wilds" east of Columbus, and at Kilbuck Waterfowl Refuge up to the NE of you.
ohiodude

Email
that's weird, I saw one here in Cincinnati
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 08:47:25 PM »

just last week amongst a bunch of pigeons, scavanging something by a dumpster in a parking lot, I thought, how odd...a seagull. I don't recall ever seeing another one in cincinnati...ever.
awesome

Email
seagulls in centerville
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 02:51:42 PM »

there have on occation been a huge flock of them by the sabb dealership in centerville.  i can't imagine what they're doing there instead of just across the street at larosa's.
Connie

Email
Re: Seagulls circling here in Ohio !!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 07:52:53 PM »

I just got back to Ohio after 5 years in Florida, and I thought I was loosing my mind when I saw seagulls here in Dayton.  I think my family is ready to committ me!! Smiley  I lived here for 50 years before moving to Florida and never saw a gull!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: